Subject: Re: euro symbol
From: Neil Kandalgaonkar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 3 Sep 1997 17:59:09 -0400

At 5:09 AM -0400 3/9/97, Brian Sooy wrote:
>Your alternative looks much like a handwritten ampersand by an uneducated
>handwriter, seen much here in US.

Yes. I'm not seriously proposing this any more, it was just an idea I had a
while back. I'm putting "standard" euros in my fonts now, my feeling now is
that it's actually a more interesting challenge to make those look right.

>Where would you map it on the keyboard?

I think most people are planning to use the currency symbol spot?

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar    [log in to unmask]