Subject: ROAR
From: FinnMacCool <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:21:44 -0400

I just watched FOX's ROAR. About an Irish prince in the 5th Century.
Earlier in the day I read the review in the Washington Post. Not good,
according to the Post. But I like to decide for myself.

The story stared out with the King's son getting married to an enemy's
daughter. The music was wonderful. But what tugged at my heart strings
was that they quoted Amergin! Ah!

But another enemy was connected with the Romans. This was supposed to be
5th Century Erin! That is that Roman influence was rife on Ireland. Not
from what I have read on Celtic-L. :^)

But the proverbial straw was when the slaves were freed at the end of the
story. One of the slaves is a Jamaician Dredlocked African. There sure
were a lot of them in Ireland. In the 5th Century....

--
Dia is Muire dhuit