Re: Sponsorship - an 'overlooked' detail?

Ken Ashe <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 01:45:25 -0700

At 08:52 AM 7/14/97 +0100, you wrote:

>I can't begin to remember the number of alcohol (Whisk(e)y?
>Guinness?)-related topics we've had, let alone related stuff,
>(pub (music) sessions, buttered cats (providing power to
>ancient laptops in pubs), tourism info (distillery tours)).
>
>I suggest that alcohol and a drinking culture is an inherantly
>Celtic subject, and to ban ads about it could lead to repression
>of related discussion.
>
>What do people think?

        Somehow I can't imagine the unruly band being dissuaded from singing
the praises of Guinness, etc. due to either the inclusion or exclusion of
vendors of e.g. that Budweiser p***.

        As for tobacco products, I don't remember the topic having come up
in the last year or so. And I believe the closest we've come to discussing
porn was when someone provided the name of a street corner in the thread
about buttered cats and pickups (unless, of course, he was really giving out
the address of a used truck lot).

Ken