Subject: Sponsorship - an 'overlooked' detail?
From: Martin Burns at EasyWeb Design <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:52:53 +0100

One aspect of the proposals that doesn't seem to have been
discussed at all is the one that there be no alcohol

I'm a bit worried by this, as it seems to imply (1) that
we be content rated for under-18s/21s and (more importantly)
(2) that because of this, alcohol is not a fit subject of
discussion.

I can't begin to remember the number of alcohol (Whisk(e)y?
Guinness?)-related topics we've had, let alone related stuff,
(pub (music) sessions, buttered cats (providing power to
ancient laptops in pubs), tourism info (distillery tours)).

I suggest that alcohol and a drinking culture is an inherantly
Celtic subject, and to ban ads about it could lead to repression
of related discussion.

What do people think?

Cheers
Martin

 EASYweb Design - professional Web Design that speaks *your* language
    email: [log in to unmask]           snailmail: 12 Terrars Croft
      tel: +44 (0)131 668 1420                     Edinburgh, Scotland
pricelist: [log in to unmask]  terms&conditions: [log in to unmask]