Subject: Adobe News Gothic
From: "M.Newlyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:17:00 +0100

Word of warning, Adobe News Gothic, software licenced from Linotype, has
only fifty or so kerning pairs. This is far to few for this font, and is
some thing that shoud have been corrected by Adobe a LONG time ago.
There is a pair for AY, but not one for YA, and there is a pair for To, but
not one for Fo. Also there are very few pairs for r and c.
I haven't time to check the rest of the Adobe Libruary, but would be
interested to hear if anyone else has found such dissapointing type
software. (I've also seen uneven descenders in the digitisation of
Friuitiger's Avenir)
Miles Newlyn

                    C    A    R    D    B    O    A    R    D      U  .  K
.
                   type pour homme : what's good for the goose. . .
               2  portsdown  road  leicester  le2 3rb  united kingdom