Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: A possible FAQ
From: "Mike Guiry (by way of \"Gianni P. Felicini\" <[log in to unmask]>)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Jul 1997 22:38:00 +0200

Professor Felicini wrote:

>This case, involving address change, could be interesting for some people.
>
>My e-mail address changed from [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]
>Because it is the same provider, all msgs coming from Algae-l (posted to my
>old address, @[log in to unmask]) are still delivered, automatically redirecting
>them towards the new one.
>However, this automatic adjustment, sooner or later, will be suppressed.
>Therefore, I tried to unsubscribe among LISTSERV (by command SIGNOFF), but
>system don't recognized, of course, the new domain @[log in to unmask]
>So, I'm prevented from deleting my name and my old address.

1.  In the above case I issued instructions to the server to delete the old
subscription and to add the new one. However, the easiest thing to do is to
type the old address into the "From" header.  If this is not possible, and
it may not be in some cases, please contact me.

2.  If you post to the list and get a message about "mailbox full", ignore
it.  This is a problem with some mailservers (e.g., compuserv.com) to which
the listserver tries to deliver but is very difficult to trace.  Your
message has been delivered to the 1250 or so other subscribers.

These FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) should be posted as people learn
from them.  Any others?

Mike Guiry ([log in to unmask]).  Owner, ALGAE-L

Martin Ryan Marine Science Institute, The National University of Ireland
Galway, Ireland
Try our www server: http://seaweed.ucg.ie/seaweed.html