Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  June 1997

AFRIK-IT June 1997

International Conference on Knowledge, Economy and Society -fwd

Max Freund <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:37:06 -0400

I assume this is unrelated to the GKD97 conference, but it seems pretty
close thematically.

--Max

>[I have edited out some of the MIME formatting.]
>
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>This message was forwarded through the Red Rock Eater News Service
>(RRE).
>Send any replies to the original author, listed in the From: field below.
>You are welcome to send the message along to others but please do not use
>the "redirect" command.  For information on RRE, including instructions
>for (un)subscribing, send an empty message to  [log in to unmask]
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 16:55:21 +0100
>From: Arnaud Sales <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Preliminary Program of the KES Conference
>
>INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
>KNOWLEDGE, ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
>
>Universite de Montreal
>Montreal, Quebec, Canada, July 3-5, 1997
>

>       ORGANIZERS
>Professor Arnaud SALES, Department of Sociology, Universite de Montreal,
>C.P. 6128, Succ. Centre-ville, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA, H3C 3J7. Phone:
>514-343-7310 ; FAX 514-343-5722;
>
>Dr. Kamini ADHIKARI, 4F Hemchaya, 40 Ironside Road, Calcutta 700 019
>INDIA; Ex. Indian Institute of Management.  Phone: 91 33 247 5842; FAX: 91
>33 748490.
>
>       SPONSORING ASSOCIATIONS
>       *       Association des Sociologues et Anthropologues de Langue
>Francaise (ACSALF)
>       *       Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association (CSAA)
>       *       Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics
>       *       Research Committee on Economy and Society, International
>Sociological
>Association
>
>       PROGRAM COMMITTEE
>       *       Kamini Adhikari (RC 2, ISA, Calcutta, India)
>       *       Stuart Blume (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
>       *       Renato Boschi (RC 2, ISA IUPERJ, Brazil)
>       *       Jean-Fran=E7ois Chanlat (H.E.C., Montreal, Canada)
>       *       Jean-Pierre Dupuis, (ACSALF, H.E.C., Montreal, Canada)
>       *       Rogers Hollingsworth (SASE, Madison,USA)
>       *       Karin Knorr-Cetina (Bielefeld, Germany)
>       *       Witold Morawski (Warsaw, Poland)
>       *       Louis Maheu  (Montreal, Canada)
>       *       Jorge Niosi (CIRST-UQAM, Canada)
>       *       Arnaud Sales (SASE, Montreal, Canada)
>       *       Joe Smucker (CSAA, Concordia, Canada)
>       *       Immanuel Wallerstein (ISA, Fernand Braudel Center,
>Binghamton, USA)
>
>       FINANCIAL SUPPORT
>       *       Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
>       *       La Ministre de L'Education, l'Honorable Pauline Marois,
>Gouvernement du
>Quebec
>       *       Vice-Rectorat =E0 la recherche et =E0 la planification de
>l'Universite de
>Montreal
>       *       Faculte des Arts et des Sciences de l'Universite de Montreal
>       *       Faculte des Etudes superieures de l'Universite de Montreal
> [...]

Max Freund                            /                     296 7th Ave.
[log in to unmask]                /                     Brooklyn, NY
11215-3602

Interested in distance education in Africa?  Ask me about Ghana Computer
Literacy and Distance Education Volunteers (GhaCLAD) and its May 1998
conference in Accra.  Or subscribe to its listserv: ghaclad-scope on