Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

jeffrey turner rudolph <[log in to unmask]>

jeffrey turner rudolph <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 May 1997 16:47:49 PDT

My name is Jeffrey Rudolph. I work for a company by the name of Vege-Tech based in Glendale, California.

We are a manufacturer of botanical extracts.

  We are looking for a research quantity (20 pounds dry weight of each algae for starters) and then approximately 500 pounds of the following three algaes on an annual basis and we are having a very difficult time locating a source of these three algaes:

Sargassum Filipendula-a brown algae
Gelidiela Acerosa-a red algae
Hypnea Musciformis-also a red algae

The algae source will be used to make an ingredient for cosmetics so it will not have to be a particularly clean grade of algae. In fact, we believe that these algaes may in fact be considered "weeds" in some regions of the world.

Would you have any information at all as to who (anywhere in the world) might either have sourcing on these algaes or someone who might have access to who a local grower in some region of the world that has been known to be harvesting these three algaes?

I would appreciate any information you may have.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Rudolph
The Vege-Tech company
Phone: 1-800-506-5588