Help for ACCESS Archives

ACCESS Archives

Subject: Re: Decoder design and features (Was: Re: Pal Decoder)
From: Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:29:00 -0500

[You're reading a message to the Media Access mailing list]

>> Yeah, well, dumb-ass American engineers have thought every caption font
>> the're ever produced looks good, even though they rarely have descenders,
>> lack accented characters, and betray many subtle indications that the
>> designers are not, in fact, designers.
>>

>Keep up the encouragement Joe.

Hey, I tell it like it is. (BTW, that should be "every caption font they've
ever produced.")

>Multi standard video simply doesn' t have the resolution and positional
>stability of print or even computer monitors.  Not that I like the NCI font
>-- it looks like it was designed by a committee.

There has to be a better way, and we all now know who is most likely to find it.

>BTW what have you ever made?

381 articles and several other chunks of intellectual property.

> I gather you've never designed any hardware.

I have also never performed a double-lung transplant.

                                        Joe Clark
                            <http://www.interlog.com/~joeclark>

--
CONTRIBUTIONS: Mail once only to [log in to unmask]