Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Re: Accents in text files - how do I read?

"Caoimhin P. ODonnaile" <[log in to unmask]>

Caoimhin P. ODonnaile

Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:25:04 +0000

TEXT/PLAIN

Thubhairt Morgana:

> Unfortunately I have lost my copy of the welcome message to this list,
> which also explains how to read the ascii accents.

You'll find advice on the use of accents in Email at:

   http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/sracan/

If you mail me back privately and tell me what you see on the
line immediately below this:

I may be able to offer you some advice.

> And is there an FAQ for this list, as I think this must be a FAQ :)

Not yet. But see the links near the top of the file:

   http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/gaidhlig.html

links to pages of assistance to Gaelic learners, including the
appropriate section of Craig's soc.culture.scottish FAQ.

Caoimhin