Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Journalist requires info on algae and cancer
From: Mike Guiry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:01:07 +0000

Would somebody help this journalist "Alyssa L." <[log in to unmask]>.  Copy
replies to the list.

Dr. Guiry:

I'm a writer in NY researching an article for Healthy Living magazine
about foods that fight cancer. I'd like to include seaweed as one of
the choices, but I'm lacking some information on the subject.

If you get a chance this week, could you please e-mail me some
information about any cancer-fighting properties of seaweed (ie. what
phytochemicals or antioxidants it contains, etc.) How does it compare
to other foods like broccoli or grapefruit? And how can people
incorporate seaweed into their diet?

I'd really appreciate any and all help you can lend to this effort. My
deadline for the story is Mon., March 24. Of course, I'll credit you
for all information you provide.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Alyssa L. Shaffer

Prof. Michael D. Guiry                     Tel: +353-91-750410
Department of Botany                    Mobile: +353-87-519917
University College Galway                Fax 1: +353-91-750502
The National University of Ireland       Fax 2: +353-91-750539
Galway, Ireland              E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Server:                     http://seaweed.ucg.ie/seaweed.html