Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Zooxanthellae Extraction
From: Jennifer Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:35:24 -0800

Fellow Phycologists,
        I am studying the symbiosis and photobiology of the pacific green
sea anemone Anthopleura xanthogrammica for my senior thesis research
project. I was wondering if anyone out there had a somewhat simple
protocol for zooxanthellae extraction from host tissue. I would like to
keep the algal cells as in tact as possible, as I plan on photographing
them with the SEM. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly
Thank you in advance for your help...
Jennifer Smith               *
P.O. Box 955                 *
Trinidad, CA 95570           *