Re: Black Irish

Rudra Mac Chumaill <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Mon, 16 Dec 1996 00:34:04 -0000

<*MIDI* music of THUMP-the-THUMP-the-THUMP-the from: "Jaws, The Movie>
   [comments by Rudra/Mr. Noonan, indeed one-and-the-same, to follow...]

>To: [log in to unmask]
>Kathy,
>
>It's pretty much rubbish, I think. Too shallow a gene pool to make any
>impact after so many generations. Like a single drop of iodine in an
>olympic swimming pool.
>
>My vote is for the original Gaels being the dark haired, bleached,
>horse-mained lot wrote about by their neighbors. I think the "black
>irish" rumor was started by the light haired Danes' descendants in BAC as
>a way to get back at them for bein' tossed out. Sneaky bunch [ : )
>
>Pax,
>Bruce L. Jones
>Mojave Desert - The Geographic Center of Nowhere
>

>On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 17:59:20 -0500 Kathy Dalton <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
>>i had heard the explanantion had to do with the spanish coming ashore
>>and
>>interbreeding after the sinking of the armada.  don't know if it's the
>>correct
>>theory or not.  kathy

--The manifest problem with "black Irish" referring to a genetic racial basis
is indeed well said, Mr. Jones.  To Caili/n, if she will remember that I
granted permission to her on around Dec. 6 to use my tradition's "lone pine
tree" saying and tale of Ta-Mo, the Indian Patriarch of "Empty Force" Zen
Buddhism, she may seem surprised and even perhaps disappointed to discover that
Rudra is not only a White-Anglo-Saxon-Presbyterian, but, too, as yet to
apologize for his own postings vindicating positions and "bardic/filead"
relatings of mine own he mish-takenly termed "rubbish" Ray has noted, Rudra and
Mr. Noonan are the same man...(As the usually reliable Mr. Jones has taken to
using that odious disparagement, "rubbish," and the "brittle-ego-bandwidth"
rule-by-committee types drool and pant after Ray's every comment as "the
leader," well, perhaps one with such vast access to researchers at one's beck
and call and "editorial" power galore--matters denied to a simple humble priest
as myself--should be more careful in "setting the example."

     Before I "turn the Wheel of Dharma" for those of mine own heart scattered
internationally who read my every *word* and whom I finally am reaching--after
being literally held incommunicado in a "paper gulag," a "Bhuto v. Finley," ala
the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case in which Arkansas Att. Gen. Bill Clinton
argued on behalf of a 'what we have here is a failure to communicate' prison
warden, much like the current Dept. of InJustice's Janet Reno laughed out of
the U.S, Supreme Court for defending 'sch-too-pid cop tricks' as 'whatever
political correctness necessary' type of color-of-law *dirty tricks* of a
political ill-nature--just as Nixon misued Executive Branch authority with IRS
"Triple-Red-Seal" secret police as the "fink division" in legal, academic,
political, financial, media and entertainment "spheres of influence," as has
too been well-described by Law Professors like Thomas I. Emerson of Harvard
U.from published legal articles dating to the late 70's to be dismissed as
"paranoid conspiracy theories," as mine own opposition in allegely legal
"forums" claim regarding the *puzzling* barrage of email hacking and piratings,
U.S. Mail thefts, interference with my bodily privacy, civil and constitutional
rights, liberties and *privliges* due *any person* as myself under our U.S.
Constitution and Bill of Rights that I am forced to patiently endure at the
"dirty hands of *another's* ignorant "got da Reich"...

     Now,what follows is an example of how the principle of "Jump too quickly
you lose, like a lemming" applies to my carefully *orchestrated* (by myself,
doing my own research, legwork, etc.) postings to "bait and switch" the legions
of nebbish widdle minions "wid da pogrom" (see "Hitler's Willing Executioners"
by a Harvard doctoral thesis candidate as to why "biological sciences" and
"Nazi Eugenics" and "social engineering" are "one and the same" these
*frightening* days and I'd rather offend a few than see another 6 million "hop
into the ovens like good widdle Horowitz's"...The subject of cultural fascism a
matter that, despite Ray and the "methinks he doth protest too hard" type of
*pharmakos* attempts against me, I am indeed a most learned expert on "what NOT
to do.." especially given all these US of A "color-of-law" paid minion
"Doo-Doo!s" running the Federal bureaucracies without ANY clue as to "what to
do"...):

     As I remarked to a friend last night: "What the [USA] needs is more
*discrimination*...

<rudra, as a Nation of Whackos ready their collective self to the MIDI music of
"Theme song from Rocky, any or all alleged movies," dives beneath a Parisian
street and pulls over a manhole cover to shield, as rocks, bottles, boo-ya-dead
pigeons, whatever, come flying at him from all directions...>

["] that is, more 'discriminating awareness,' as we say in my Tibetan Buddhist
tradition, of the difference between Good and Evil, so that [the American]
culture does not further suffer from the vicious cycle of project, scapegoat
and attack by 'group-ego' basis, resulting in de facto 'legal' discrimination
that is a serious problem..."

     One would wish that the sad lesson learned by many since the beginning of
time is that any person, regardless of race, skin color, culture high or low,
rich or poor, sex, creed, religion, philosophy, etc., will suffer pain from
irrational acts of another against one...As mine own paraphrase of Buddha's
Noble Truth goes, All life is suffering because of the ignorance of *others*...

     Mine own distaste from the deliberate, "cultural imperialist" misuse of
this term "black Irish" stems from exactly this feeling.  I wrote a short
story--very literary in a Hemingway:Faulkner way--back in 1980, "Some Kind of
Grace," in which the protagonist, about to undergo a literary/shamanic
"encounter" with a wizened, red-eyed angry bag lady (the "repressed" feminine
principle), loses his temper in a pickup basketball game set at Columbia U.,
Upper West Side Manhattan, N.Y.C., and re-injures his healing knee (as a pro,
his "money-maker," so to speak) showing that, as a "whi boy" he's no "Harding"
and can indeed "play da game" as he slam-dunks the winning bucket and coolly
walks away...Unstrapping his knee brace with leather straps like war-sandals,
he muses on his "black Irish" nature (perhaps a curse?)...before a "cathartic"
encounter with an older, black jazz musician in a dive of a club...

     Now, myself, already having "somehow" lost my U.S.C.A. Section 1981 "same
right to contract as a white person" regarding a legally-bequested inheritance
from a foster white, Irish Catholic grandfather (who worked, ironically enough,
at an "energy firm" of the sort making headlines these days--though my
grandfather made good at his career, and, too, having married into a patrician
"Boston Brahmin" Irish Catholic family, and went off to fight Rommel and his
Nazi Desert Rats in North Africa, WW II,in the field his being a "mechanical
engineer" with an advanced degree from M.I.T. "by his trade" coming in handy
when he redesigned a shield problem with the jeeps, which were getting sand
into the transmission making them useless, why, upon his return home he was
"just a mick, again," and endured patiently his abuse until finally proving
himself and retiring, a bit embittered, as an Executive Vice-President--quite a
"big man" in my young eyes,then called "Seamus me lad" for my persistent
questionings of "But why, Grandfather?")--the reason my foster family used,
most illegally,to defraud me, believe it or not, is my one-sixteenth Lakota
(South Dakota Native Americans) heritage of which I've only recently been
"appraised," a financial matter that might have "enabled" me to finish a MFA
Graduate Creative Writing program at SUNY-at Binghamton, where my teacher the
novellist John Gardner, was privately billing me as "the next great wordman"...

      So myself indeed could be said to have suffered some "pain" when, behind
my back, a *disinformation* campaign managed not only to "scotch" my done deal
with "Esquire" Magazine's Tom Jenks to publish what he termed "an amazingly
talented piece of work," but too...

<MIDI music to Norma-Bates-turned-Norman-through-a-sex-change-operation,
asking, "Mother, where's my butcher's knife!" as the strains of PSYCHO go EEP<
EEP< EEP< EEP...>

having the work still jammed up and misappropriated by a frighteningly ignorant
of the creative process crew--of every "multi-cultural" persuasion--whose
common rallying cry is: "There's no way it's whi boy's story," and, worst of
all, claim I changed just the "skin color" of the protagonist from "black"
Irish, as the phrase is indeed used in my story, as I've explained, to a
"cracka"...

     This "curious" matter, most troubling to one like myself who has dated
several African-American women--most "satisfied" by me, by any and all
accounts--as well as  women of other cultures, caused me to research this "blac
Irish" issue and discover "cultural anthropology" research whose findings left
me a bit bemused at how I'd "short-changed" my Indo-European heritage with the
"p.c. programming" of my student-radical days at U.C. Berkeley; material I've
shared in part on the list, some members of whom have said, Thank You, to which
I say, No, thank you...

      Rather than relate some "disturbingly racist" and "Nazi eugenical
experimentation posing as scientific reasearch" material I've found, as well,
for use in my federal court case (regarding the "Nation of Islam," whose claim
that "Black Man" founded everybody and anything 77 trillion [*no typo*] years
ago world-wide, and that "white man," a.k.a. Yacob the Hymie, is a
genetically-inferior specimen lacking that melantolin pigmentation-gene that
Allah left out deliberately in that Bio-Chemical-Jihad-U-Lab in the sky so that
we would be subject to genocidal extermination--all material straight out of
some some horrifyingly fascistic tract being taught in the Ivy League to the
Cow Leagues in America called "The Secret Partnership between Jews and
Blacks"), instead I'll tell a tale for *some* on the list who have so *wished*
(with a reminder that, unlike some of the women I've been privileged to know,
no one is holding a gun to your head to *perform*, as has "racistly" happened
to them causing me much "pain and suffering," so no grounds for complaint
exist, okay?...):

      This "blac Irish" French Celt I so love to quote, Joseph Ernest Renan,
has a most interesting and relevant to the topic history. Regarding that
posting about the inter-mingling of Irish and Jamaicans, small in numbers, and
thus, as the "neanderthals of southern Spain" Basques inter-mingling with the
Irish re: Spanish Armada, etc., neither statistically significant nor an
explanation for the cultural anthropological "long skulls" of the
nobly-patrician "blac Irish" features long in existence.

     However, the tale has an interesting sidelight intersecting with my
research about Renan that I used to write a Parisian love-epic, "Love's
Untaught Strain."  Renan, as my research found, had not only his "entire life
story" most successfully stolen out from underneath him--in *spite* of his
successful "impeachment" of the wrongdoing--but too much of his creative work.
One matter that I've academically argued is that Renan was the true author of
the daily "broadside" installments in the Paris newspapers of "The Three
Muskateers" and "The Count of Monte Cristo" that the notorious thief Alexander
Dumas had managed to get his hands on a few stolen copies thus parlayed into a
series under his own name...the more Renan wrote, the more they stole, and
"laughed and laughed and laughed"...

     As for Renan's "life-story," here comes the "cultural deconstructuralism":
Renan, it turns out was approximately one-sixteenth Jamaican island woman from
a noble patrician forebearer seeking respite from stuffy French society and
establishing a bit of paradise in a Jamaican island (ala some painters of the
period) with a mixed-French-Jamaican heritage woman he met there.  Renan's
grandfather, a "war-hero" for the first Napoleon, was nonetheless de facto
exiled by the "little Hitler" Napoleon for being too correct as to battle
stratagems and "straight-talking" in his desire to avoid defeat and casulties,
the behind-his-back punishment by the "passive-aggressive" widdle boy Napoleon
a matter "passed along" with Napoleon III's treatment of Renan--though he kept
his mouth wisely shut about his heritage.  Now along bounces the fat butterball
"everybody's favorite party trick at the Court" Dumas, whose "Maque the Monkey"
scribe/assistant cleverly "spin-doctors" Renan's "badge of infamy" into a
"cultural medal of honor" for the nouveaux "politically correct" Dumas, indeed
part African, to lay claim to the nobility of the "blac Irish"--stretching to
Moses, Heracles, Dionysos, the Krishna, etc., in Renan's tracing "The Origin of
the Celts"--as "LeMoor" to Renan's given by his *demi mondes* title of "l'mour
et l'actione"...Dumas being "wildly" feted everywhere, while Renan, kicked out
for "Trespassing" (precursor to the USA's "Tom Noonan Act") at the library at
the University of Paris, Sorbonne, where he once taught as Chair of Hebrew
Studies, welcome less and less, everywhere he went, finally "set up" by a
"Camille" type, Napoleon III's favorite "pet trick," and shot in the head by a
sniper on a city wall as he watched the barricaded Paris Commune et al "burn,
baby, burn," during the Prussian invasion of 1870-71, when the legions of cold,
scientifically-methodical Teutons, armed with cries of "revanche!" as "cultural
reparations" for a two-hundred-year old disadvantaged position, levelled
Parisian intellectual culture as precisely as a "socially-engineered
Steamroller right on time",,,

(Postscript: the "fat, pasty-face little slug," as the 5'7" or so "replacement"
for Renan the 6'2" tall, *dark* and nobly handsome man, was termed, discreet as
could be, by the further saddened collection of women left, was "trotted out on
a leash" with his "tongue of dog" for the witches' brew-ha-ha wagging on *cue*
as to how "women are the root of all evil, the curse of the snake they let
between their indiscreet legs..." as the "reformed Renan finally learned his
lesson" and lived until the 1890's  at which point few were left to "remember
the tale...")

laboremus,
Rudra Mac Chumaill, Namgyal Monastery
Dharamsala, India

--When Mara the Malign, the false idol of craving and desire for death, tempts
Buddha in the "visit to Brahma" parable, Buddha hears out the argument, buzzing
like a fly in his ear, that he is not "persoanlly" of God and "will certainly
not discover anotherm higher liberation, try as you will." To the Malign One
the Buddha speaks thus: Abandon your Hope...Brahma rescues the sutra with which
Mara had weaved diabolical intrigue, and repeats:"I O Worthy One,[Buddha,
indeed] hold as eternal that which is truly eternal, as persistent, as
perennial, as indissoluble, as immutable that which is truly so..."  Buddha,
through "grace," is thus granted by heaven that extraordinary strength beyond
knowledge, concept or words, *viraya*, a "superior and powerful energy," with
regards to ordinary mortal abilities, a supreme quality working the miracle of
"liberation of the will by means of the will."
     *Samyutta-nikaya*, (an ancient Pali:Vedic text), vol's 1.4,5

"If there is a lonesome tall pine tree standing, the forest has not ended..."
                Olde Tibetan Saying

"Wealth that is acquired by proper means in a manner
  That harms none will yield both virtue and happiness."
                     Gurudeva's Vedas, Trikural Verse 754

--"General rule that speaker has right to tailor speech is not restricted to
press, but rather, is enjoyed by business corporations generally and by
ordinary people engaged in unsophisticated expression as well as by
professional publishers...[Dissent] boils down to the choice of a speaker not
to propound a particular point of view..."
               *Hurley v, Irish-American Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Group of
Boston* (1995) 115 S. Ct. 2338