Re: "...Occasion on her wheel..."

Rudra Mac Cuhmaill <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Tue, 3 Dec 1996 18:20:37 -0000

A chara:

     Found another one from the hidden treasures, "The Book of Driuidry," by
Ross Nichols, fwd. Philip Carr-Gomm (Thorsons, London; Aquarius, San Francisco,
1990), in which he brings up a thread I've found a bit puzzling, too--Nichols,
the founder of The Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids (he died in 1975), wrote
that while the "Wicca stresses polarity," Druids emphasize the *completion* of
dialectics and, perhaps not coincidentally, are much more closely connected
with Christianity.

     Mine own contribution is the figure of Kundrie, an oval-faced,
unnaturally-smooth-and-rounded-cheeked, "bovinely, not divinely, swaying her
over-sized rump  from side-to-side like a Bull of Lesbos in a china shop," as
one female acquaintance of mine likes to refer to the "femmes sans grace" or
"nouveaux arrive\s" re: true human rights that claim to have been "born
enlightened" so "they's don't need to suffer like the out-of-synch Western mind
types thinking too much" ( said with the yes-minions going, "Yup" or "nope" or
"thas righ").  Kundrie was the crone of legend around the time of our
much-disputed Arthur (found the final word on his name in Nichols' book, too:
noting the Roman nobility connection to his grandfather, Auriellus Ambrosius,
as well as Uther the Pendragon, his father--Arthur, reportedly secretly trained
as a combination consul/tanaiste/filead by Roman military governmentals in
Gaul, is the latinized version of the Cymric, "Aradr," meaning
"strength"(p.132)...); anyway, this Kundrie wreaked much havoc with her
protegee, Morgan Le Fay (NOT Arthur's sister, one of her "delusions of
grandeur" nor related in anywayto him nor the mother of any of his children,
especially not Gawain, whom she kidnapped at any early age...); the basic Modus
Operandi was something like, "Adam and Eve had it all wrong you see, men are
from Mars and women from Mercury..." In other words, they specialized in the
"double, double, boil and trouble" type of materialist alchemy real Druids,
much like a Lakota shaman or one of mine own Tibetan Buddhist Rinpoches, find
"morally repugnant."

     To further fuel controversy, I'll add some reflections on this bannering
oneself as *pagan*, as this Kundrie and her Kult of Hecate fit the ancient
meaning of pagan quite well, in the way the Romans meant a "hick" or "rube" or
"country bumpkin," whether, to modernize the matter, one of them/there
"generations of inbreeding from the hills of Tennessee" or, ala the Stevie
Wonder song, "Just Enough for The City," the dupe fresh off the bus, "Hey
slick, here hold this bag, I'll be right back," police sirens approaching while
he muses, "New Yawk City, jus like I pick-sured it, sky-scrapers and
everyting"...In other words, religion did not enter into the equation at all,
nor did culture, but ignorance and superstition did manage...

     The matter becomes important because of all the damage and guilt (on
others or self, one and the same) inflicted in the "name of religion," a matter
meant to offer refuge to the weary, sanctuary to those of faith, refreshment
for those in service of others--not battle-axes of every variety, "sound and
fury, signifying nothing..."

     Our Celtic Grail Legend is a most perfect example.  To return to Matthews'
"The Elements of the Grail Tradition," I cited previously, one matter right on
target is his use of the film, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,"as a good
example of the misuse of *mythos* causing "death to the evil seeker after
eternal life," the one seeking power not grace, the film Nazi like the real
Nazi's, bringing forth not blessings, as "moshe" or Moses, the Hebrew tribal
"lightening rod" did from Heaven (not "shaking a stick lookin for water" or
other "country aphorisms" 'splainin how ain't nuttin new under the sun, as the
U.S.of A. is currently plagued with in the gross forms of fundamentalists of
every jihading "X" (Nero's cruel joke, teaching the Christians to "worship the
agent(s) of one's own persecution," the X-shaped crosses littering the roads
into Rome during his "set the fires and point da pinkies at another"
rule-by-immolation) and stripe--one big schtinkin brown morass of fecal matter,
descending, according to the materialist First and Only Law of Plumbing, down,
baby, down, in W.B. Yeats' "ever widening gyre"... the "beast" indeed having
"come again...").

     The Joseph of Arimathea that Matthews cites as the founder of the Grail
Legend is another good example.  Joseph was tried, convicted, and imprisoned
for "body-snatching" (he was discovered wrapping a "hundred pounds of balsam
and aloe" along with other *pharmaka* from Tyre, sorcerer's powders from the
land of that fake "Queen," Sheeba the transvestite; Mary the Magdeliene had
discovered the Christ missing from the cave into which he'd somehow
disappeared, sealing it with a boulder behind him, after being pierced with not
just the Lance of Longinus, cut loose from the cross and left for dead,
finally; what Joseph told his cronies he was going to do was "bind the
rabbi's[Christ's] soul in Eternal Bondage to our bidding," in service of what
might be considered "pagan" dieties--the type of "soul exchange" once practiced
among our Tibetans before Padmasambhava, Guru Je Rinpoche, circa 747 A.D.,
banished the superstitious and spiritually dangerous practice by beating the
Bon-po sorcerers in a contest of rhetoric--before the bout the sorcerer's told,
"Not to worry" as their demons would psychically supply any answer to any
question by misuse of "mind readings"--not being able to supply "wisdom,"
however, as when Padmasambhava anwered what that word meant with, "That which
furthers," winning the debate with "aha!"s all around...)

     This Joseph, upon his release from prison in 70 A.D., during a time still
plagued by birth defects, sterility (no "goddess" responsible) outbreaks of
disease, etc, following the assassination of the Christ, set about designing
Chalices of Blood (perhaps your clan goldsmith, Eileen, could assist as
sovereignty goddess as well and research the dizzying array of "the chalice,
the chalice" designed with the same "bellows of Hades" used to project cultural
failings, scapegoat and exterminate those "others" unluckily enough to be so
identified, ala "the Irish Problem." The idea being, "if I can just find the
right shape..."

     My Tibetan Buddhist "elders" indeed shake one's head in disbelief when
told how the state-propaganda version of Christianity, spin-doctored by this
"Saint" Joseph, Bishop Iraneus, et al, formed a bizarre cult more akin to those
of Count Dracula or that Teutonic Nazi-precurser, Count Gobineau and his
icy-cold "social and racial eugenic engineering theories" of Napolean III's
"Carnival Empire"...

     "You mean they honor their teacher by drinking his blood and eating his
flesh?"

     This materialist obsession known today as "transubstantiation" (say it
like "Transylvania" to see what we mean) indeed has a counterpoint--buried, if
you will--right in our Celtic Grail Legend.  As Matthews relates in Merlin's
establishing the Third Round Table of the Grail, upon a Holy Day for the
Druids, the ancient, bejewelled golden Chalice of Inspiration "shape-shifter"
appeared shimmering forth from billowing clouds, in the Spotlight of Heaven,
generating strong faith among the Knights...

     My Tibetan Buddhist tradition calls this spiritual process
"transmutation," and I'll impart a sutra (thread) to further the matter, "THE
YOGA OF BEING BLESSED BY HEROES AND HEROINES":
(from Geshe Kelsan Gyatso, "Guide to Dakini Land," (Tharpa, London, 2nd. ed.,
1996)

--Absorbing the wisdom beings and mixing the three messengers--
    (outer, inner and secret, progressively subtle, rich with emptiness and
"hidden meaning")

PHAM
Light rays radiate from the letter BAM at my heart and, leaving from between my
eyebrows disperse into the reaches of Heaven.  They invite all Tathagatas,
Heroes and Yoginis...
DZA HUM BAM HO
The wisdom beings, bejewelled kind countenances from Tushita Heaven are
summoned, dissolve into one's consciousness, remain firm and are delighted...
OM YOGA SHUDDHA SARVA DHARMA YOGA SHUDDHO HAM
Completely pure, contemplate invincible divine pride

--Putting on the divine armour--

At places in one's body arise full moon mandalas--at my navel is red OM BAM,
Vajravarahi; at my heart blue HAM YOM, Yamani; at my throat white HRIM MOM,
Mohani; at my forehead yellow HRIM HRIM, Sachalani; at my crown green HUM HUM,
Santrasani, at all my limbs smoke-colored PHAT PHAT (expelling of poison,
outwards...), essence of Chandika...
(The two letters are Father and Mother of each Buddha family, the names
following goddess:consorts for each Buddha of the Six Aspects.  In visualizing
each color at each place, one recreates within the moon-sphere the eternally
sporting play of male and female, generating varieties of great bliss and
emptiness.  When Buddha Shakyamuni was born, Heaven annoited his body with the
five nectars, penetrating body and mind with wisdom, enclosing him with a
protective layer of light.  Strong faith in this Zone of Ahimsa
("non-violence") will protect one from harm...as the four Mothers--Lama,
Khandarohi, Rupini, and Dakini--hold aloft precious jewelled vases filled with
the five wisdom nectars and pour the nectar onto one's crown:halo, filling the
entire body, purifying obstructions of body, speech and mind...

--Close with Eight Lines of Praise to the Mother--

OM I prostrate to Vajravarahi, the Blessed Mother HUM HUM PHAT

OM To the Superior and powerful Knowledge Lady unconquered [as in the ancient
Celtic meaning of "virgin," a woman "no man can posess"] by the three Mara
realms of delusion HUM HUM PHAT

OM To you who destroy all fears of evil spirits with your great vajra HUM HUM
PHAT

OM To you with controlling eyes who remain as the vajra seat unconquered by
others HUM HUM PHAT

OM To you whose wrathful fierce form desiccates Brahma HUM HUM PHAT

OM To you who terrify and dry up demons, conquering those in other directions
HUM HUM PHAT

OM To you who conquer all those who make us dull, rigid, and confused HUM HUM
PHAT

OM I bow to Vajravarahi, the Great Mother, the Dakini consort who fulfills all
desires HUM HUM PHAT

[Note: this PHAT is a powerful tool with roots in our Druid tradition as
well--a generic expression of distaste, as in "involuntary expulsion" at
hearing something absurd, say, shaking a bony fist at the awesome being of
Heaven; for a "real life example" try complaining to one of my "elders" about
my augmentation of the above sutras...]

     *"In former days there were many who had the reputation for being
braggarts among the samurai...They were men with many great exploits to their
credit and in no way deficient in the Way of the Warrior, but on *occasions*
apt to be obstinate and so difficult parties in a conference.  And when they
were pressed in their *living conditions* and some incident arose from their
*income* and office being incompatible with their high reputation, they would
become reckless and say what they pleased without any regard for their
company...But the braggarts of today are fellows who have never even put on a
suit of mail...discussing defects...pointing out the failings...and certainly
not omitting the misdeeds of their own comrades, while at the same time
emphasizing their own superiority.  Such shallow pates are a world apart from
the brave *braggarts* of old, and should properly be styled slanderers or
claptrap fools...[as] slandering anyone behind his back is the kind of thing no
samarai ought to bring himself to do however weighty the business."
                "Budo Shoshinshu," written in the 16th century by Daidoji
Yuzan, English translation, "The Code of the Samurai," copyright 1941 by The
Japan Foundation; Tuttle edition by A.L. Sadler, 1988, p. 64-65, 68.

le bro/n,
rudra
who wonders if the new conference on intellectual property has a clue?

laboremus,
Rudra Mac Chumaill

Namgyal Monastery
Dharamsala, India

Our Day Will Come...in the meantime, as Gustave Flaubert said
of "la plat a la mode," let us not become "poisoned by the filth
of modern life"

When born into a "munus sine missione," a "vir fortis,"
one "gladiatorio animo,"
has only to "recto tibi invictoque moriendum est." (Seneca, "Epistulae," 7.4)

"If there is a lonesome tall pine tree standing, the forest has not ended..."
                Olde Tibetan Saying

"Wealth that is acquired by proper means in a manner
  That harms none will yield both virtue and happiness."
                     Gurudeva's Vedas, Trikural Verse 754