Subject: Re: BIG type
From: James Souttar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:08:59 GMT

John:

>Let's hear some really nit-picky criticisms of the FedEx logo. Don't
>the round strokes of the e and the d stick down too far? (I know
>they're supposed to - just not that much!)

Well, you asked for it! (although my criticism is more graphical than
typographical).

When I first saw Siegel & Gale's FedEx logo in the pages of UK Design
Week, I though what a low ebb corporate identity has reached - that
it is ransacking its' modernist past in the hope of one last big
idea. I really had thought(hoped?) that geometry had been done to
death...

FedUp was probably a good description of how I felt.

James