Subject: Re: font collections
From: TerriGregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:26:00 CDT

The shareware option certainly encourages creativity, but I've found
problems with most shareware fonts I've downloaded, not all, but most of
them. Some of the problems: strange and inconsistent kerning; characters
that don't print or that are different on screen and printed; problems
printing to certain printers. That's just off the top of my head. I think
people in a hurry, who want to be assured of the consistency of the product,
often bypass shareware fonts because they don't have the time to fiddle with
them.

And I have yet to find any decent shareware fonts--I've downloaded hundreds
(paid for some, too)--that can be used as body text. Maybe someone can point
me in the direction of shareware fonts that will work on my PC consistently.
Don't give me information on type foundries. I'm hooked up with literally
all of them. If there are decent shareware fonts, I'd sure like to try them.