Re: "Stitched him up"

"Popham, Karyn" <[log in to unmask]>

TYPO-L Discussion of Type and Typographic Design <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Aug 1996 13:02:00 -0500

James:

I know you were replying to David, but I couldn't resist reading the mail.
<g>

Though I have a vague sense that it isn't nice, could you clarify what is
meant by "stitched him up." Idiom is one of those things that doesn't always
cross ponds (or fictional lines) very well.

thanks,
Karyn Popham
>I seem to recall that in the mid eighties, when Helvetica was
>acclaimed as the 'most specified type', Max Miedinger was trying to
>make a living teaching evening classes. In short, Linotype had well
>and truly stitched him up .

James