Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Orduithe as Gaeilge le haghaidh madrai/ caorach
From: Terry King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Jul 1996 20:08:46 -0400

A Chairde:

An fe/idir libh cuidiu/ liom?  Ba mhaith liom orduithe as Gaelige le haghaidh
madrai/ caorach a fhoghlaim.  Ma/s e/ do thoil, aistrigh as Be/ arla - as
Gaeilge.

i.e.
Come Go By  = Circle the stock in a clockwise direction
Away to Me  = Circle the stock in a counter-clockwise direction
That'll Do  = Leave the stock alone
Walk Up     = Close the distance between yourself (dog) and the stock
Down/Stay   = Used for stopping the dogs motion -- which you use
                      usually depends on the dog.  I have a dog that sits
                      for his stop.
Get Out     = Increase distance (usually used on a lift to get dog
                      to swing wider when picking up the stock)
Get Back    = Increase distance (usually used when the dog is
                      fetching the stock to you to get them to ease up
                      the pressure.)

I just need the commands translated.  The definitions are there for your
convenience.  All translations are welcome, but if you have special knowledge
that your translations are legimitate Irish sheepdog commands, please point
that out to me.

Go raibh maith agaibh!

Please contact me privately at <[log in to unmask]>