---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:39:44 -0500
From: Osei Darkwa <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The Volutary Workcamps Association Computer Literacy Project in Ghana
Hope you can help us with a conference the Voluntary Workcamps Association
of Ghana (VWAG) is sponsoring in Accra, Ghana, to explore the incorporation
of computer litearcy into grassroots development objectives. This
conference will be held sometime in May of 1997 (this is a tentative date).
The VWAG intends inviting a number of international NGO's to deliberate of a
number of issues pertaining to information technology in Africa.
The theme of the conference is "Human issues in the use of technology in
The objectives of the conference will be to:
1. Create computer awareness and a system that fosters computer literacy in
2. Explore ways of establishing computer literacy programs to provide a
significant number of Africans with computer knowledge.
3. Explore role of educators and training of trainers in computer literacy
4. Provide a forum for views on computer literacy and development
5. To locate practitioners and NGOs interested in incorporating information
systems and computers in grassroot development.
Currently, we are looking:
1. Organizations who'll be interested in participating and presenting papers
(on the topic) at the conference; and
2. Potential funders
This has always been a challenge. Could your organization help circulate
this message? Thanks.
Will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Osei Darkwa
Director, Computer Literacy Project