Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Derrane
From: Edward McGraw 64025 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 28 Mar 1996 07:14:03 EST

Hi folks - back again after being off this list for almost a year!

Wasn't it Martin Hardiman of Chicago that was recognized by Joe
on the old Copley 78 - that has been reissued by Rego Records in
NY (with the help of Philippe Varlet, who I see is also on this
list)

Peter Feeney's Dream - I seem to remember hearing a great story
about Joe's composition (hope I got ththe right tune) that Peter
Feeney was a nick name they gave to Johnny Connors, the piano player.
It seems that when Joe needed Johnny for a broadcast or
something, Johnny would sneek out of work to do the gig, and
fo fear of word getting back to his employer that he was on the
radio, they called him Peter Feeney.

By the way, that medley of Peter Feeney Dream and Flower of the
Flock Reels is one of my favorite Joe Derrane cuts!

Best regards to all,
Ted McGraw    [log in to unmask]