HTML-WG  February 1996

HTML-WG February 1996

Netscape and stylesheets

Sun, 11 Feb 1996 14:55:52 -0500

After to playing around with Netscape Gold I'm concerned for the future of
stylesheets. The entire editor is built around the FONT tag. There is no
mechanism at all for creating and applying styles of any sort. The editor
itself doesn't even produce valid SGML (such as quoting attribute values).

I do find some humor in the fact that they seems to have been caught by a lot
of the problems their browser created. For example they have completely
rework the way CENTERing is done.

Jon Smirl