Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Need ideas how to distribute free research, writing tool to Irish students...
From: caroline nachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:52:36 -0800

  Help!  We recently developed SquareNote3.5 for free
distribution to students, faculty, scholars, researchers and
writers. Because it's free, we have no budget for getting out the
word about this resource/tool. We will be grateful for any
suggestions.

        For nine years, SquareNote has been helping grad
students, college students and faculty scholars to keep track of
their research notes and plan better theses, dissertations,
papers and books.  A good description of this software is "index
cards on a PC."

        Many thousands of scholars, writers and researchers in 39
countries and at more than 1,100 colleges and universities use
it.  It has been a lifesaver for hundreds of PhD candidates
organizing notes for their dissertation, and for authors
preparing to write a book.  It's also used by many as a "personal
information manager."

        For example, it's been a great help to professors of
history and commercial authors of historical biographies.  [E.g.,
"Beethoven In German Politics, 1870-1989." by Professor David B.
Dennis of Loyala/Chicago University [New Haven: Yale University
Press, April, 1996; and the recent "Winchell: Gossip, Power And
The Culture Of Celebrity" by Neal Gabler [New York: Alfred A.
Knopf, 1994.]

        SquareNote runs on any IBM-compatible PC, under MS-DOS
[its natural habitat], the DOS partition of MS-Windows [where 50%
of our users have it], the DOS partition of OS/2 and Power-PC
MACs with DOS/Windows emulator or PC-card.

        And by the way, SquareNote3.5 is *freeware*, not
shareware; you never have to pay out any money for it, and are
welcome to use it permanently and share it with your friends,
classmates, students, etc.  We can afford this because we also
produce and sell other, more advanced SquareNote products, and
90% of the sales of those advanced products come from referrals
from present SquareNote users!  That not only explains how we can
afford to give away SquareNote3.5; it also says a lot about the
quality and usefulness of SquareNote3.5.

        We maintain a Web site and an FTP site from which
SquareNote3.5 may be downloaded free.  Once downloaded, it may be
duplicated for other scholars, students and researchers.  Sending
a blank email to "[log in to unmask]" will bring you full details
on SquareNote and how to get your free copy.  Or you can just
open our Web site at "http://sqn.com" and download your copy now.

        Thanks for your help.

Caroline Nachman, SQN Inc.  "Organizes,| For free SquareNote3.5,
 indexes & retrieves your notes, ideas,| email "[log in to unmask]"
 documents. Like index cards on a PC." | or open "http://sqn.com"