Subject: Re: Esperanto fonts on a Mac
From: Liam Quin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Jan 1996 17:16:01 EST

> would like to buy a Mac but they had been told that only PCs support
> the Esperanto fonts and you couldn't use a Mac to write in the language.
I don't believe this.
Check with Linguist's Software; the table I have for the language
(on p. 251 of Drucker/The Alphabetic Labyrinth) does include some
letters not usually available:
which are not made available in normal Mac fonts, and although Type 1 fonts
can usually ber made support these combinations, I don't know if it can
be done on the Mac short of using fontographer.
But it would not take long to do with fontographer or almost any other good
font manipulation tool on the Mac.