Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: wanted algal taxonomy price quotes
From: Cheryl Podemski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:14:23 -0600

Hi algae people

I would like to receive price quotes from any interested labs/individuals
for identifying periphyton samples.  We have samples of algae scraped from
natural and artificial substrates from a number of Canadian rivers.  The
surface area of the samples generally ranges from 9-24cm2.  We would need
cell counts, species-level identification (you can't leave it as Navicula
sp. !!) and preferably  varieties  identified too (e.g. morphotypes of
Achnanthes minutissima).  The samples are generally dominated by pennate
diatoms.  At present we have between 50 and 100 samples, and this is stuff
that we do alot so future business is not out of the question.

I need to know the price per sample (Canadian or US dollar ok - just tell me
which), expected time to complete, and a general idea of your proficiency at
this sort of thing (no doubt spectacular, but tell me just how much
experience you have anyways).

                regards,

                         Cheryl P.

Cheryl L. Podemski
National Hydrology Research Institute
Environment Canada
11 Innovation Blvd
Saskatoon, SK  S7N 3H5
FAX 306-975-5143
Ph. 306-975-4655

Opinions expressed are my own, are subject to change, and do not reflect the
opinions or policy of Environment Canada.