Subject: Re: Visiting Ireland
From: Shae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 1995 14:10:48 +0000

>I'm sure some of you have seen pints of Guinness with a shamrock outline on
>top of the head of foam.
>Bartenders have told me that this method of decorating the pint originated
>here in this country. Does
>anybody know different?
>Happy Holidays!
>Joe OConnor
This is a sacriligous practice prevalent in many of the 'touristy' spots in
Ireland.  I don't know where it originated but if us Guinness drinkers find
out we'll put all sorts of embargos or even worse on the place.
A friend of mine draws smileys on my head (the pint's head, not mine) but
she's bigger than me so I just whimper quietly to myself.
who loves Sharon's little thingies in her sig.
errrr....... bits?
Sorry. Bye