Subject: Re: Brainwave?
From: Marcel CoumontBeisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Dec 1995 18:49:11 -0800

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Alan Blacklock wrote:

> >That's a brainwave!!!
>
> A brainwave would have included an English version of the self same page.
> Then I could have enjoyed it at a reasonable cost. Because I do not read
> French I have not been able to take up your invitation.
> Given your enthusiasm, I feel I may be missing something.
> Given that the principle language of the WEB is English I feel you may be
> missing something.

Although like yourself I am unilingual, I do not feel that that all net
information must be provided in English. I have come across sites that
were all in Dutch, Norwegian, and German as well as French. I don't feel
that the non-English site is loosing anything by being in a `foreign'
language, it is me that is loosing by not being able to understant what
they are offering me. I consider it an opportunity to learn. In a world
that is growing ever smaller we should be willing to accept our
neighbour's differences and not expect them to adopt our ways.

Best wishes,
Marcel Coumont-Beisig.