(1) The STYLE element should require an end tag. Furthermore, an
informational comment should be provided to indicate that document
creators should insure that either an </HEAD> end tag or a <BODY>
start tag is used in conjunction with the STYLE element.
See the previous discussions on this list regarding the use of non-
empty elements in HEAD in conjunction with ambiguities on interpreting
the end of HEAD and start of BODY. In that discussion, the consensus
seemed to indicate the above requirements.
(2) Permit multiple STYLE elements in HEAD so that multiple style
notations can be used in a single document.
(3) If the STYLE attribute is accepted, and I would hope it is not,
1. specify an additional attribute STYLE-NOTATION to be used along
with the STYLE attribute; or
2. specify an additional attribute DEFAULT-NOTATION to be used with
a STYLE element in order to explicitly indicate which STYLE element's
notation applies to STYLE attributes.