Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

HTML-WG Home

HTML-WG  November 1995

HTML-WG November 1995

Re: <#include name=".."> and <#define name="..">

Peter Flynn <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Nov 95 21:21:50 EST

   Is there any work going on to address some `programmer\author friendly`
   issues like the ones above.

   Makes life much easier if:
   (a)	<#include name="..."> allows you if include other files

But SGML already has a way to do this. It's just that no browser maker
has thought it worthwhile implementing (except Panorama and DynaBook,
presumably).

   (b)	<#define name="..."> allows you to define macros (to save typing)

Ditto.

I think I should repeat my earlier suggestion about reading some of
the books on SGML and what it can do. Liora Alschuler has just
published one called "ABCD...SGML" (ITCP, ISBN 1-85032-197-3)

///Peter