Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Re: What about <COLUMNS>
From: Glenn Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 95 10:17:42 EST

    Date: Sat, 18 Nov 95 02:35:03 EST
    From: [log in to unmask] (Walter Ian Kaye)

    That works for scrolling down by clicking in the "paging" portion of the
    scroll bar, but there's still the question of how to handle a click on the
    *arrow* (i.e., scrolling down one line rather than one page). Of course
    this goes against the point of snaking columns, but a non-disconcerting way
    of handling the situation must be decided (if it hasn't already...Glenn?).

I think I already mentioned the options here: (1) page in a entire new column
into view; (2) pop a line out of the last column into the previous column to
make room for a neew line at the bottom, percolate to previous visible columns.

--Glenn