Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
From: Bob Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:23:00 -0800

COLLEAGUES:
        Humboldt State University, Arcata, California USA is seeking a
broadly trained phycologist.  The teaching load is heavy, the facilities
are fair to good, the benefits package is excellent, academic freedom is
almost absolute; and the environment is wild and gorgeous.  Our students
are slightly above average - probably because they are almost all dedicated
to working in the field of biology and natural resources. We have many
kilometres of exposed rocky coast and milliions of hectares of forest
wilderness. Three hundred fifty kilometres north of San Francisco; eight
hundred kilometres south of Portland, Oregon; overfive thousand kilometres
west of New York, we are truly remote.  A grand job for the right person!
What follows is our more formal adverisement.

Tenure-track faculty position starting August 21, 1996.  Requires Ph.D. in
the biological sciences with an emphasis in freshwater and marine
phycology.  Primary responsibilities will be to teach courses in marine
phycology, freshwater algae, and general botany.  Other duties will include
advising undergraduates and master's students and serving on faculty
committees.  Development of a research program is expected.  Send resume,
three letters of recommendation, and academic transcripts to Phycology
Search Committee, Department of Biological Sciences, Humboldt State
University, Arcata, CA  95521; phone (707) 826-3245; fax (707) 826-3201.
Completed application materials must be postmarked by February 15, 1996
EO/AA employer.  Women, persons with disabilities, and minorities are
encouraged to apply

You may e-mail enquiries to

Robert A. Rasmussen
Professor of Botany