Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Algal Taxonomy Questions?
From: Keith Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:41:46 -0600

Am interested in someone providing me with the current taxonomic standing of
Ankistrodesmus and Dactylococcopsis, it is my understanding that Ankistrodesmus
is a valid genus--what about Dactylococcopsis?  Also, am finding a lot of pink
to rose stained colonies that resemble Microcystis but are best described as
Hyalosoris lamprocystoides n.g.n.s by the late professor Skuja in his 1956
Taxonomische und Biologische Studien Uber Das Phytoplankton Schwedischer
Binnengewasser.  Someone update me on the taxonomy since Hyalosoris appears to
not be a valid genus.  These pinkish clusters are from the soft waters in northern
Minnesota.  Drop me a helpful note if you can.  Keith.
Dr. Keith M. Knutson
Department of Biological Sciences
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301-4498