Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Aphanizomenon flos-aquae a.k.a. Super Blue Green Algae
From: Jason Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Nov 1995 17:53:49 -0800

I just received some literature from Cell Tech in Oregon U.S.A.  As some of
you might remember, they sell Aphanizomenon flos-aquae under the name Super
Blue Green Algae.  After listening to some of the claims of its users, I am
convinced (well it seems probable anyway) that it may contain a mild
narcotic agent.  Cell Tech says that they test for anatoxin, saxitoxin,
neosaxitoxin, and aphantoxin and that their product contains none of these.
Does anyone have any information or ideas about this subject?.
From:

    Jason Frank
    MicroForest Inc.
    Phone:   (619) 736-3065