AFRIK-IT November 1995

Re: PRESS RELEASE - NIGERIA

Dula Abdu <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Nov 1995 23:35:14 -0600

The stupidity of the Nigerian junta is unfathomable. Like many dictators in
Africa they have turned a blind eye not only to world opinions, but also to
justice and good governance. It's time we echo our outrage and force
dictators such as the one in Nigeria, Ethiopia, and others in the
continent back to the barracks or to jail.

Many journalists are also brutally persecuted by the minority ethnic regime
in Ethiopia. Unfortunately, the regime in Ethiopia is slick and very
sly in covering its human rights violations. So the West including
people like Randal Robinson of TransAfrica are oblivious or duped by the
regimes few junkets etc.

D. A.