The English Identity

ANDREW C ROUSE <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:21:43 MET-1

Dear all,

At the risk of being shot down in flames!

I have a student who is doing her thesis on national identity. She
has stuff on the Celtic parts of the British Isles, but is not doing
too well on the English side, which is either unavailable or utterly
negative (do I hear a chortle from the Celtic List?). Is there anyone
out there who can recommend a good, academic, objective reference
book on the English - bless our cotton socks!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andrew C Rouse
Department of English