Re: Politically Correct

ANGELA PICCINI <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:23:28 GMT0BST

My reference to bagpipes was in no way aimed at you as I certainly
wouldn't define Scottishness in such a closed way. However, there is
significant interest on this list in traditional music--which is what
I was referring to. My only crime was to say that's not my big
interest. I was certainly not pigeonholing you, nor those with
musical interest.

My raising the issue of cultural affiliation as a discussion topic
has certainly touched on some raw nerve. Perhaps my next difficult
question should be 'why all the defensiveness'?

still surfing the wave of invective,
Angela