Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: ALGAE-L:Help measuring PS in a Red macrophyte.
From: James Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:17:44 GMT

I am a PhD student at the University of Plymouth working with the red
macrophyte - Gracilariopsis longissima. I am currently evaluating a
system of measuring photosynthesis in the species using apical tips
(about 10mm long) and an oxygen electrode. I intend to use the
Hansatech oxygen electrode and light source together with either
their 2 or 10ml chamber.
I am new to this field and was wondering if anyone has expericence
using this set up or any other like it for measuring photosynthesis in
macrophytes. My current concerns are optimising the tissue to
volume ratio and what to do about carbon dioxide depletion/limitation.
Any advice tips or useful references would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance,
Jamie Newman
James E. Newman     (e-mail [log in to unmask])
                           Ph. 01752 232951
Rm. 606 Davy building
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Plymouth