Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Re: list of calendars for i18n

lilley <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 Sep 95 14:32:16 EDT

> > Like search engines, you mean? Return all documents containing dates
> > from 1218 to 1364 in the Julian calendar?

> Can we eliminate (from the rationale for HTML features) those
> applications which require almost all HTML authors to use them before
> they actually work?

Fair point, in general. Of course, particular communities that make
especial use of dates or times - I ma thinking of the historians and
the physical scientists here - may well take up this markup, in which
case the critical mass may be achieved in smaller communities even
if it is not achieved in the universe of HTML documents.

Chris Lilley, Technical Author
| Manchester and North HPC Training & Education Centre |
| Computer Graphics Unit, Email: [log in to unmask] |
| Manchester Computing Centre, Voice: +44 161 275 6045 |
| Oxford Road, Manchester, UK. Fax: +44 161 275 6040 |
| M13 9PL BioMOO: ChrisL |
| URI: |