Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Re: list of calendars for i18n

lilley <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 Sep 95 14:32:16 EDT

> > Like search engines, you mean? Return all documents containing dates
> > from 1218 to 1364 in the Julian calendar?

> Can we eliminate (from the rationale for HTML features) those
> applications which require almost all HTML authors to use them before
> they actually work?

Fair point, in general. Of course, particular communities that make
especial use of dates or times - I ma thinking of the historians and
the physical scientists here - may well take up this markup, in which
case the critical mass may be achieved in smaller communities even
if it is not achieved in the universe of HTML documents.

--
Chris Lilley, Technical Author
| Manchester and North HPC Training & Education Centre |