AFRIK-IT September 1995

Re: African IT Issues

Paulo Habl <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Sep 1995 06:18:00 -0400

     Dear Roger and all,

     Yes this list is mainly for discussion on IT in Africa.

     But I am happy to see other issues such as music in Africa being
     discussed here, or a protest on French nuclear tests... of course
     having a good sense of the amount of the conference space used.

     These other issues are important ingredients that give the tone of the
     spirit that governs the conference. They enable us to have a better
     view of the reality and understand ourselves, disarming us of
     misjudgements and promoting a 'lightness of the being' essential for a
     mature decision making. This is before all, the most important layer
     one needs to settle in order to HELP AND BE HELPED effectively. The
     co-operation.

     Sorry if I was obvious, boring or not understandable. Of course most
     of us in this conference are after to see a better World.

     Before to go back to IT in Africa:

     By the way, in Brazil (my country) the music has very strong influence
     of African culture. We have different styles of music but most of them
     have a touch of Africa (Bossa Nova, Baiao, Xaxado, Forro) and some are
     almost 100% African (Samba, Capoeira's music and most of the folkloric
     music from Bahia State).

     Also it is in Food, Painting, Art and Artcraft, Religion, Philosophy,
     Language... At all, as Brazilians most of us has Africa in our veins.

     Doesn't matter if Brazil was founded by Portuguese (and so is the
     mother language), my family is composed by Italians and Tchecs, have
     some Japanese habits and German friends - We all still love Samba and
     Bossa Nova and the national symbol of Beauty is the 'Mulata' (the
     mixed races person, but mainly composed by Black and White).

     Yes, Africa is present there and in many other countries as we know.

     OK, OK, OK lets get back to the work.

     Best Regards to All

     Paulo Habl

    O                    ""~""                     O o
                        ( o o )                    o
| Paulo Habl                     8, Amott Rd          |
| T.+44171 207-8076  .oooO       London   SE15 4JD    |
| [log in to unmask] (   )   Oooo.                    |
                             (_/

(The design above is not mine.)