Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Smoke Free Session
From: Daniel Beimborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Aug 1995 08:39:26 -0500

Out here in Wisconsin we occasionally play at a smoke-free place. The bar
is fantastic and the hospitality of the landlord legendary, but a few of
the real addicts in our circle stopped coming. It is a problem though- I
am still red-eyed from last night's 2 hours sitting next to a good friend
who happens to puff like a chimney!

Amazingly enough, there is an entire extra crowd (those people who go
faithfully to all the Altan shows but never appear in bar gigs/sessions)
of listeners that are completely put off by the smoke- as many if not
more than the people who DO show up at smoky places! I think that there
is plenty of room for a smoke-free session in every town... there is a
whole extra audience just waiting on the fringe!

Dan Beimborn