Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Comments on tables draft
From: [log in to unmask] (Eric W. Sink)
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 95 11:12:06 EDT

Overview, my opinions only:

I liked it more the way it was on the last draft.  There are now
several implementations of tables out there (NCSA, Netscape, ...)
and this draft proposes things which I haven't seen used or
implemented.

The draft is too wordy, and doesn't read like a specification.
Comments like the one suggesting that user agents should
create a scrolling table should be removed.

Specifics:

The border styles stuff is unnecessary.  I liked BORDER better in
the last draft -- on or off.

The alignment character stuff is unnecessary.  I've seen no
implementations of this.

The THEAD, TBODY, and TFOOT stuff is unnecessary.

--
Eric W. Sink
Senior Software Engineer, Spyglass