Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Re: Other Uses of BASE? [was: Security concersn with BASE [was: Is this use of BASE koshe ]

Larry Masinter <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Aug 95 18:54:58 EDT

You know, there's another way out of these dilemma which keep us from
getting out of 'last call', which is to admit to ambiguity and claim
that we'll solve the problem in later specs:

BASE URI: The Base URI is used for resolving relative URIs. Other
usage of BASE (e.g., whether the base URI is the address by which the
document should be cited, or is required to actually be useful as an
address for this document at all) is not specified at this time.

I don't expect this is the last item to be handled before HTML 2.0
becomes proposed standard RFC.