Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Use of Algae for Monitoring Rivers in the U.S.
From: DON CHARLES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Aug 1995 17:07:28 -0400

I have been asked to summarize U.S. efforts to use algae for monitoring of
stream and river water quality for a presentation at the Second European
Workshop on "Use of Algae for Monitoring Rivers" and a short paper of a few
pages in the workshop proceedings.  Although I am aware of major Federal and
State programs, I am sure I do not know of some projects designed to monitor
individual rivers or rivers and streams within regions or indivudual
watersheds.  I will not have much time or space to to cover many projects, but
I can at least mention projects and cite relevant publications.

I would appreciate short responses from people aware of or responsible for
such programs.  I can then reply to request additional information, if
necessary.  If you have information you think would be helpful, please respond
by Sept. 8.  Thanks.

Don Charles
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Ben Franklin Parkway