Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Prods and Potatoes
From: Arthur Edelstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:40:34 -0400

Dick Greenhaus comment on sectarianism in N. Ireland reminds me of a story I
heard.
Seems during the heart of the Troubles a man entered a sector of Belfast
which was very agitated. He was stopped at gun point with the question Are
you Catholic or Protestant?( For once this Jewish person felt safe.) "I'm a
Jew," he proudly proclaimed to the gun pointer. The gun pointer thought a
moment and responded "But are you a Catholic Jew or a Protestant Jew?"
Art Edelstein