Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: introduction
From: Graham Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Jul 1995 20:55:00 +0100

Hello from Graham Scott,
I'm a lecturer at University College Scarborough, UK. I teach a range of
programmes including marine biology. Though my research training and
background have been concerned with Animal Behaviour I am becomming more and
more interested in intertidal macro algae, particularly fucoids. Recently I
have been making observations (it's a correct ethological term - but do we
do it in phycology?) of a population of small F.spiralis tentatively
identified as var. nanus. Can any one recommend to me references about the
taxonomic status, or population biology of this alga?