Subject: Re: VISITING ENGLAND AND
From: John Birtwistle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Jun 1995 21:46:00 +0000

MB>> I second Angela's suggestion about alternative sites to visit.  The
MB>> Forest of Dean, on the England/Wales border, would certainly be
MB>lovely in > October I should think

MB>Well, if we're in the Marches (England/Wales border country),
MB>what about Shropshire?

MB>Lots of hills in the south of the county (Church Stretton & points
MB>South) and West (around Oswestry)

Pardon the interruption BUT -

I thought suggestions were being sought for people with a limited time
in the UK and fairly specific objectives - ie. the Celtic connection.

To cover all the ground suggested by other contributors would need
rather a long time.  I've lived in this country for fifty years and
haven't seen it all yet!  The geographical area (loosely) London to
Cornwall is more than adequate for a fortnight and even then would leave
little time to stand and stare.

I hope that anyone visiting ENJOYS their stay and manages to relax -
isn't that what holidays are for?

Mind you it IS nice to read contributions from people who have had good
times in England.  Thankyou.

Sla/n agus beannacht

John B
60/SN14 0DD, Chippenham, England
---
 * POW 1.2  0067 * POW - Prince Of Windows OLRs!