Subject: an introduction
From: Jessica Lynn White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Jun 1995 02:02:21 -0500

well, after quite a few days of messing with the wrong address to get
onto this list, I think I have finally arrived! I thought I was going to
to crazy trying to figure out what was going on with my computer!
Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself to the rest of the
list--Hello! my name is Jessica White. Right now, I am a student at
Washington University, St. Louis and am going for a degree in medeival
studies and archaeology. However, my real love is Celtic history and
archaeology and after my first archaeological dig in Ireland, I fell in
love with the place (and my own Irish heritage) and decided that as crazy
as it sounded, I wanted to go into that field.
Anyway, I am glad to finally be on here, and I hope that even though I
am hardly a scholar, I amy be able to put my few cents in here or there.
By the way, for those of you that may not be on the ANSAX list, they are
having an interesting discussion about the Celtic continuity in Britain
after the anglo-saxon invasion, and are now wrestling with the issue of
why the Celtic language seems to have all but disappeared (except in
place names) and why it didn't contribute some words into the conquering
English (or Anglo-Saxon) language. Interesting stuff...
Off for now,
Jessica