Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Re: Attempt at HTML 2.1 (tables)

lilley <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Jun 95 11:59:07 EDT

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> A great proportion of the bulk turns out to be due to the fact that
> the declaration of %block contains references to other parameter
> entities. If we could still get a change to the 2.0 DTD to have
> it declare:
>
> <!ENTITY % block.additions "">

That is moving the goalposts. Will you redefine the 2.0 DTD again to
make it easier to add the 2.2 or 2.3 additions? You would need to add
this sort of construct to each and every declaration.

No, I think it is better to leave 2.0 as it is, otherwise the damn
thing will never get out the door.

This is of course orthogonal to discussion about whether the 2.1 DTD
should be an edit of 2.0 or should include 2.0 by reference.

--
Chris Lilley, Technical Author
| Manchester and North HPC Training & Education Centre |