Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

Subject: I will manage
From: Menghestab Haile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Jun 1995 17:44:52 +0000

Dear AFRIK-IT colleagues,

It is very exciting when you see the quality and background of the people
joining AFRIK-IT. I would like to encourage the people who are maintaining this LIST, in particular Clement. As a result of joining this list, I have managed to make important personal contacts with some colleagues. As I am planning to go back to Africa and start up my own IT related business, I find discussions here very useful.
Now I am going to share my experience with you

Last year I went on holiday to Ethiopia and at the same time I visited a villagethat I come from. The village is about 7 hours walk from the nearest town - no roads. I found out that the village school was closing down because the church that run the school could not pay the salary of the teachers anymore. The total salary needed is 400 pounds per annum.

When I came back to the UK I started raising money (I run the half marathon which almost killed me). In fact I managed to raise 750 pounds. I contacted many AID organisations if they could help me help the school. Guess what reply I have got!!!!

As long as I live the school is not going to close down.

Menghestab Haile