Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

Subject: Re: ONLINE AFRICAN NEWS
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 14 Jun 1995 14:10:37 CDT

> Hi Mukiri:
>
> Thanks again for the good and selfless service
> to the our great continent and her citizens.
>
> Just to let you know that I can create a mailling
> list where you could be sending the online news.
> If it is ok with you, let me know.
>
> Keep up the good work.
>
> Best regards.
>
> |--------------------------------------------------------|
> |  [log in to unmask]  |   victor aina  |  fax: (604)291-5944  |
> |--------------------------------------------------------|
REPLY:

Thank you Ndugu for your offer of brotherly assistance.I have been working
on such a list but have been experiencing some technical problems with my
system. I think such a list will go a long way in ensuring that the comments
on the information superhighway are purely on the issues raised by the news
themselves and not  on who collected the news.Our African motherland
requires more people like you who are willing to do something to make a
diffence than those who sit down and wait for others to do something so
 that they can have something to criticize!
 By a copy of this note to all the netters who enjoy online news, I am giving
the netters a week's notice to subscribe to the online news if they want
this service to continue to be rendered to their computers.From the June
21st, 1995 I will no longer be sending online Kenyan/African news and
Funding Opportunities to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]
Those who have been receiving their news through these channels will have
to send me a subsciption request in order to be included in the list.
For those getting their news through [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] or those who have specifically sent me messages
requesting to be included in my mail directory, the services will continue
until you or those who control your channels request otherwise.
Let's keep the spirit and the debate alive!
---
mukiri w githendu