Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Re: ISO/IEC 10646 as Document Character Set
From: Gavin Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 May 95 23:16:23 EDT

>Yes, it will: If I put &#2789 (or whatever) all over my documents, and
>the HTML 2.0 spec specifies that this document is legal, and yet it
>doesn't work on 95% of the browsers in existence, then we
>lose. Granted, there are corner cases of documents where this is the

I will run a few tests to see it this actually does fail (and by fail,
I mean crash the system, or cause the page not to be displayed). Any
other behaviour is acceptable using the "mapping from document
character set characters to system representation is application
dependent" loophole.

I suspect that this will "work".